Open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily (except Mondays) throughout the year, and yes, we are even open on many HOLIDAYS including Christmas Day and New Year’s Day!).
EXPERIENCED RIDERS PLEASE “KNOW BEFORE YOU GO” THAT THIS IS A GENTLE WALK-ONLY TRAIL RIDE ON THE BEACH. We must share our beaches and be respectful of other non-horse people on the beach who may not appreciate but only tolerate our existence. This was a well-thought-out business decision that will hopefully help to ensure the continuation of beach horseback riding on Amelia Island for everyone. Unfortunately, there are people who live on the island who are trying to have it eliminated.
ONE-HOUR GUIDED BEACH RIDES leave at 10am, Noon, 2pm and 4pm (tide permitting)– (max. 10 riders per tour)
• Price $75 per person*
• Adults only (minimum age 13 and older – no exceptions)
• 230-pound weight restriction
• 4’6” minimum height
• No experience necessary
• Reservations Only
*Effective March 1, 2016
Note: Minors require additional wrangler attention. If your minor is between the age of 13-15, we must be informed at the time your reservation is made. For safety, only two children will be scheduled per tour for an additional fee. Minors must be accompanied by an adult. Hotel conference groups ages 18+ only – no exceptions. Groups of 5 or more will require prepay and a 48-hour cancellation policy.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for ALL participants:
THIS HORSEBACK TOUR IS A VERY PHYSICAL OUTDOOR RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY. ALL RIDERS MUST BE ABLE TO MOUNT AND DISMOUNT WITHOUT ASSISTANCE AND RIDE FOR FIVE MILES. For your safety, we must caution you that horseback riding is not at all similar to golfing or bicycling or any other sport activity. Advancing age, obesity, hip and knee replacements, arthritis, back and neck pain, decreased motor skills and other physical issues can certainly interfere with the rider’s ability to balance, stay seated or even hold the reins. Participants must be able to understand the language of the attending personnel and follow visual or verbal aid. Participants must have the ability to independently remain seated and balanced on a horse in motion while simultaneously directing a horse’s travel and speed for approximately an hour. A participant must also be able to withstand exposure to the outdoors for a period of 90 minutes. All participants must be sober and of sound mind to understand the inherent risks of horseback riding and complete and execute a liability release contract. Please estimate your abilities wisely and/or consult your doctor. You are welcome to contact management with any questions or concerns with regard to the scope, territory and definition of this activity, inclusion and participant responsibilities.
• RESERVATIONS please call 904-491-5166 with your Mastercard, Visa or Discover card information available for a ranch representative. Your reservation is confirmed once your credit card number is taken and our representative has confirmed that your specified number of horses are available. You will be asked for a credit card upon arrival to complete the transaction or you may pay in cash. Sorry, we do not accept American Express, personal checks or traveler’s checks.
• 24-HOUR CANCELLATION POLICY applies to all reservations. No cancellation permitted if your reservation is made within 24 hours of your ride. Policy varies by contract with larger groups. Late arrivals, late cancels and no shows will be charged full price and the cost is non-refundable and non-transferable to a reschedule time. This includes last-minute decisions not to ride. Cancellation policy of 48 hours applies to groups of 5 or more and requires pre-payment.
• ARRIVAL TIME for your ride is 30 minutes prior to your ride time. Payment due upon arrival.
NO CHARGE if your ride does not leave or is cancelled by the ranch.
PARTIAL REFUND if your ride leaves and comes back early.
NO REFUND if your ride goes out for the full time and you get wet.
Sorry, no rainchecks or compensation for travel expenses incurred.
• GIFT CERTIFICATES available by telephone (904-491-5166). Certificate holders/recipients must make reservations as usual by credit card as indicated above and present certificate upon arrival as payment. 24-hour cancellation policy applies.
• SPECIAL NEEDS participation needs to be discussed PRIOR TO RESERVATIONS so we may assist in safe inclusion to the best of our ability. Our facility complies with Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements for accessibility and inclusion. The Kelly Ranch is a member of the Professional Association for Therapeautic Horsemanship (PATH), and applies to PATH standards. However, the Kelly Ranch is not and can not be a fully-accredited therapeutic riding facility pursuant to all PATH standards. Territory and uncontrolled environment limit applying many standards necessary for safety. Please refer to the eligibility requirements above for all participants, and please call management directly 904-491-5166 for more information regarding scope, territory and definition of this activity. Management encourages and welcomes open discussion so as to assist and safely include everyone to the best of our ability. Please talk to us.
• PRIVATE LESSONS available specific to your individual needs. Have you always wanted to learn to ride better? Do you want to feel more comfortable and relaxed when you go on vacation and take a horseback ride? A little education is a wealth of confidence. Learn basic horsemanship, equine behavior, handling, proper seat and riding technique, consultations, etc. from a full-time professional certified equine manager, trainer and wrangler Kelly Robinson. Seasoned school horses supplied. Call Kelly at 904-491-5166 for more information. Limited number of students accepted.
Your telephone call is important to us. We do our best to answer each and every telephone call as it comes in. However, if we cannot immediately answer your telephone call, please remember that we are a working ranch with many horses to care for and many customers to assist on the beach. Our phone can be very busy! We hope that you’ll be one of those customers, so please be sure to leave us a brief message with your name, cell phone number and/or hotel and we will get back to you as quickly as we can!
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) and Chapter 760, Part I, Florida Statutes, the “Florida Civil Rights Act ,” the Kelly Ranch, Inc. is committed to providing accessible facilities, programs and services for all people, including those with disabilities to participate in and enjoy recreational equine opportunities and experiences. To access of complete copy of the Accessibility and Inclusion Policy, or if you have any inquiries or complaints, please visit the ranch at 7500 First Coast Highway, Amelia Island, Florida 32034, or call Management at Kelly Ranch, Inc. at 904-491-5166.